Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"Brake"-through Mountain Bike Modifications

Since my last blog post announcing my "100 Mile Race to Help Nepal" many of you have inquired about the modifications I have made to my new mountain bike. In answer to those questions, I put together a short video to demonstrate these cool innovations that are allowing me to actually do this! 



In the past 6 months since I started riding I have logged nearly 1,000 miles on my customized bike and pedaled uphill a cumulative elevation of 117,598 feet. I am grateful to be representing the Challenged Athletes Foundation throughout these long miles and climbs in my quest to complete the Leadville Trail 100 MTB "Race Across the Sky" next month in Colorado. I am humbled and inspired by the CAF athletes who have far greater physical challenges than my own, and am forever thankful for their examples of strength and determination.  Now that I've had my own "Brake"-through and am able to ride a mountain bike unlike I was ever able to do before, I have an even greater appreciation for the impact specialized sports equipment can make. As preparation for the big August 15th race, this Saturday morning at 7:00 AM I will be at the start line of the Tahoe Trail 100K mountain bike race. I hope you enjoy my short video and thanks again for your support!

1 comment:

Turbo IT Solutions said...

Discs provide powerful and reliable braking in all types of weather and terrain so they're ideal for trail riding. Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post. disc brake road wheels